Training on Design Thinking
SMEDA has organised a Design Thinking training for the representatives of Armenian Startup ecosystem aiming to enhance their capacities by introducing them to User-centered thinking methods, based on customer needs. The participating mentors and trainers for startups learnt new and creative methods and approaches to design and build prototypes that are based on customer needs through innovative research processes. The expert group from Innovation Radicals – a Germany based innovative training and consulting company – has delivered a 3-day inspiring and engaging workshop using interesting and interactive visual and game methods to build the grounds for the future trainers in this field in Armenia. The main topics of the training included:
- Understanding the challenge of the company and defining the potential customers and stakeholders, needs, wishes and the so-called pain points – and all these to be done together with the whole team!
- The next stage is interviewing for empathy – choosing the client or Persona to work with by collecting detailed information on him or her and thus developing the best approach to work with the client.
- Creating Ideas or Ideation through generating as many ideas as possible to come up with the best and winning solution for the How-to question.
- Prototyping phase – when your Winning Idea will turn into the building and creating process of a prototype. This could be done using any handy material, e.g. legos to demonstrate the product visually to the potential clients.
- Once the model of the prototype is built it is time to find out what the potential clients think about it by collecting feedback and further improving it based on the feedback. As it is done, celebration could follow to lead to the prototype/product implementation stage!
The 2nd Women Entrepreneurs' Club - ''Connecting people in Business coming up soon
The Women Entrepreneurship Programme Initiative of EU-SMEDA project will hold the second Women Entrepreneurs’ Club (WE Club) on “Connecting People in Business” topic, on August 30, 2018, at 18:00, at Radisson Blue Hotel, Yerevan.
Recent activities VIEW ALL Activities+
For the third time in a row Sevan Startup Summit took place on the shores of Armenia's beautiful Lake Sevan, from 22 - 29 July, 2018. Among other partners and supporters, EU through its EU4Business Support to SME Deevelopment in Armenia (EU-SMEDA) project was among the major supporters. Watch the video by VNews to learn more: Sevan Startup Summit
The winners of EU-supported Innovation Matching Grants competition (IMG) were selected at IMG Vanture Forum, held on June 29, 2018 at Vanadzor Technology Center (VTC).