Training on Design Thinking
SMEDA has organised a Design Thinking training for the representatives of Armenian Startup ecosystem aiming to enhance their capacities by introducing them to User-centered thinking methods, based on customer needs. The participating mentors and trainers for startups learnt new and creative methods and approaches to design and build prototypes that are based on customer needs through innovative research processes. The expert group from Innovation Radicals – a Germany based innovative training and consulting company – has delivered a 3-day inspiring and engaging workshop using interesting and interactive visual and game methods to build the grounds for the future trainers in this field in Armenia. The main topics of the training included:
- Understanding the challenge of the company and defining the potential customers and stakeholders, needs, wishes and the so-called pain points – and all these to be done together with the whole team!
- The next stage is interviewing for empathy – choosing the client or Persona to work with by collecting detailed information on him or her and thus developing the best approach to work with the client.
- Creating Ideas or Ideation through generating as many ideas as possible to come up with the best and winning solution for the How-to question.
- Prototyping phase – when your Winning Idea will turn into the building and creating process of a prototype. This could be done using any handy material, e.g. legos to demonstrate the product visually to the potential clients.
- Once the model of the prototype is built it is time to find out what the potential clients think about it by collecting feedback and further improving it based on the feedback. As it is done, celebration could follow to lead to the prototype/product implementation stage!
Armenia will be represented at Hannover Messe 2018
SMEDA supports four Armenian Precision Engineering and IoT companies, namely RAFA Solutions, Bitlis-MEN, Volterman Inc. and Grovf and several representatives of Free Economic Zones and the Ministry of Economic Development and Investments of Armenia to be part of this year's Hannover Messe 2018 trade fair under a joint stand, followed by a roadshow in German companies among which the famous Autostadt Volkswagen.
Business Membership Organisations' (BMO) Academy
SMEDA is organising a 3-week Business Membership Organisations' (BMO) Academy for Armenian BMOs with no less than 20 SMEs as members. The aim of the Academy is to enhance the capacities of BMOs to organise themselves as active professional associations able to build constructive dialogues with authorities when defining economic and sectoral policies.
EAVE on Demand Producers Workshop in Armenia 2018
SMEDA is supporting the EAVE on Demand Producers Workshop in Armenia 2018, aimed at producers, both fiction and documentary, who are interested in developing their feature film project during a 3-day intensive training program from April 12 to 16, outside of Yerevan.
Recent activities VIEW ALL Activities+
The Press Conference held on January 10, 2018 aimed at announcing broadly about the Eave on Demand Producers' Workshop in Armenia 2018. The initiative is supported by SMEDA project targeting producers, both fiction and documentary, who are interested in developing their feature film project during a 3-day intensive training program from April 12 to 16, outside of Yerevan.
SMEDA has implemented numerous activities in 2017 within its five main result areas and beyond to support & promote SMEs, Startups, Innovation, Precision Engineering, Free Economic Zones, Technoparks, Creative Industries, Regional development, and many more as highlighted in this video: http://bit.ly/2BMn9kl
The Armenia Startup Academy (ASA) was officially launched at the Hero House and is now contributing to the Startup Ecosystem of Armenia. The initiative is supported by SMEDA and implemented by Catalyst Foundation aiming to boost the startup ecosystem and bring the Armenian startups to the next level. With the help of a team of advanced mentors, advisers, instructors and entrepreneurial assistants it offers a pre-acceleration programme to guide tech companies and startup teams through the process of customer development using advanced tracking methodologies and instruments.