Training on Design Thinking
SMEDA has organised a Design Thinking training for the representatives of Armenian Startup ecosystem aiming to enhance their capacities by introducing them to User-centered thinking methods, based on customer needs. The participating mentors and trainers for startups learnt new and creative methods and approaches to design and build prototypes that are based on customer needs through innovative research processes. The expert group from Innovation Radicals – a Germany based innovative training and consulting company – has delivered a 3-day inspiring and engaging workshop using interesting and interactive visual and game methods to build the grounds for the future trainers in this field in Armenia. The main topics of the training included:
- Understanding the challenge of the company and defining the potential customers and stakeholders, needs, wishes and the so-called pain points – and all these to be done together with the whole team!
- The next stage is interviewing for empathy – choosing the client or Persona to work with by collecting detailed information on him or her and thus developing the best approach to work with the client.
- Creating Ideas or Ideation through generating as many ideas as possible to come up with the best and winning solution for the How-to question.
- Prototyping phase – when your Winning Idea will turn into the building and creating process of a prototype. This could be done using any handy material, e.g. legos to demonstrate the product visually to the potential clients.
- Once the model of the prototype is built it is time to find out what the potential clients think about it by collecting feedback and further improving it based on the feedback. As it is done, celebration could follow to lead to the prototype/product implementation stage!
Winners of the 2nd cycle of Innovation Matching Grants to be selected soon
The final stage of EU-supported Innovation Matching Grants competition (IMG) will be held on June 29, 2018 from 10:00 to 19:00, at Vanadzor Technology Center (VTC). The 16 shortlisted startups who have undergone the process of pre-selection, excessive trainings and mentorship will participate at the final competition aimed at supporting business development and innovation and will present their innovative ideas to the jury.
FlyFest 2018 - an amazing aircraft show is coming up!
An amazing aircraft show full of speed, colors and breathtaking flight tricks - the FlyFest 2018- is coming up on July st in Gyumri, Armenia, supported by EU through its Support to SME Development in Armenia (EU-SMEDA) projcet. The festival is aiming to promote the expansion and development of model aircraft sports and tourism in the regions of Armenia through modern engineering solutions.
Recent activities VIEW ALL Activities+
The first-ever Fashion Forum was held in Yerevan, Armenia from June 2-4, 2018 bringing in fresh re-start and aspiration to the fashion world of Armenia. It united Armenian designers under one roof to exhibit their most sleek, elegant and glamourous sets to the fashion gurus, trend-setters, guests and general public. Truly, dozens of dazzling dresses, layered pieces and stylish outfits were showcased in Aram Khachaturian house-museum created by 50 talented Armenian designers from Armenia and diaspora coming from Germany, France, Lebanon, Syria, Ukraine, US and Russia.
New startup bids to become the most favorite one for the people who feel uneasy at the kitchen and for the gourmets who prefer a variety of tasty meals every day. This application is called Cookmenu, a new venture offering various recipes with the ingredients you have at home.
''This is substantial assistance, especially for the women who are unable to cook anything in the kitchen. This application is for those who are getting married and can’t cook except, for example, fried potatoes. So, we suggest all of them use our application,'' said Narine Manukyan, the founder of Cookmenu.