Training on Design Thinking
SMEDA has organised a Design Thinking training for the representatives of Armenian Startup ecosystem aiming to enhance their capacities by introducing them to User-centered thinking methods, based on customer needs. The participating mentors and trainers for startups learnt new and creative methods and approaches to design and build prototypes that are based on customer needs through innovative research processes. The expert group from Innovation Radicals – a Germany based innovative training and consulting company – has delivered a 3-day inspiring and engaging workshop using interesting and interactive visual and game methods to build the grounds for the future trainers in this field in Armenia. The main topics of the training included:
- Understanding the challenge of the company and defining the potential customers and stakeholders, needs, wishes and the so-called pain points – and all these to be done together with the whole team!
- The next stage is interviewing for empathy – choosing the client or Persona to work with by collecting detailed information on him or her and thus developing the best approach to work with the client.
- Creating Ideas or Ideation through generating as many ideas as possible to come up with the best and winning solution for the How-to question.
- Prototyping phase – when your Winning Idea will turn into the building and creating process of a prototype. This could be done using any handy material, e.g. legos to demonstrate the product visually to the potential clients.
- Once the model of the prototype is built it is time to find out what the potential clients think about it by collecting feedback and further improving it based on the feedback. As it is done, celebration could follow to lead to the prototype/product implementation stage!
No upcoming events
Recent activities VIEW ALL Activities+
On December 5th, a press conference was held ahead of "Empowering Regions through High-tech" forum on Dec. 7-8, 2018 in Gyumri. The aim of the forum is to empower the youth of Armenia's regions by supporting regional startup ecosystem, encouraging innovation and IT development in regions through creation of cooperation & partnership with global companies and IT networks, universities and non-tech SMEs. It is expected that over 200 participants from all the regions of Armenia will attend the event.
Within the frames of the 19th Film Festival taking place in Tbilisi, Georgia, the members of Independent Filmmakers Community of Armenia- IFCA visit the Georgian Film Cluster and the Georgian National Film Center to establish connections, discuss cooperation opportunities and partership, and eventually implement joint projects.
On November 30, Business Innovation Forum 2018 #BIF18 kick-started. Acting Minister of Transport, Communications and IT, presented the Innovation and IT Development Concept of Armenia, which aims at ensuring abrupt growth of economy and making Armenia a true high-tech & innovation center not only on regional level but also well-recognized globally.