Training on Design Thinking
SMEDA has organised a Design Thinking training for the representatives of Armenian Startup ecosystem aiming to enhance their capacities by introducing them to User-centered thinking methods, based on customer needs. The participating mentors and trainers for startups learnt new and creative methods and approaches to design and build prototypes that are based on customer needs through innovative research processes. The expert group from Innovation Radicals – a Germany based innovative training and consulting company – has delivered a 3-day inspiring and engaging workshop using interesting and interactive visual and game methods to build the grounds for the future trainers in this field in Armenia. The main topics of the training included:
- Understanding the challenge of the company and defining the potential customers and stakeholders, needs, wishes and the so-called pain points – and all these to be done together with the whole team!
- The next stage is interviewing for empathy – choosing the client or Persona to work with by collecting detailed information on him or her and thus developing the best approach to work with the client.
- Creating Ideas or Ideation through generating as many ideas as possible to come up with the best and winning solution for the How-to question.
- Prototyping phase – when your Winning Idea will turn into the building and creating process of a prototype. This could be done using any handy material, e.g. legos to demonstrate the product visually to the potential clients.
- Once the model of the prototype is built it is time to find out what the potential clients think about it by collecting feedback and further improving it based on the feedback. As it is done, celebration could follow to lead to the prototype/product implementation stage!
Armenian Designers to showcase at PITTI SUPPER in Milan
With EU-SMEDA's support six Armenian designers and brands will attend and exhibit with their FW19-20 collections at the Fashion fair: PITTI SUPER 13 in Milan, February 22-25.
Startup Boost Weekend Vol.4
Good news for university students with bold ideas and interested in entrepreneurship! Startup Boost Weekend Vol.4 is not far away! It will be held from 22-24 February, 2019 at Yerevan State University.
Recent activities VIEW ALL Activities+
The Demo Day of the third batch of graduating startups of the EU-funded Armenia Startup Academy was successfully held on January 19, 2019. During the Demo Day, the founders of 12 startups that had been enrolled in the third cycle of the 12-week pre-acceleration programme of the Armenia Startup Academy introduced themselves and their products and solutions to the interested public, shared what they had learned at the Academy and what their future plans were.
2019 started for EU-SMEDA project with an activity aimed at strengthening of BMO’s (Business membership organisations) capacities. The visiting BMO consultant Karen Konopka met with a dozen of active BMOs for guidance and sharing of her hands-on expertise that aimed to improve their efficiency in performance, in particular in becoming more independent and sustainable as entities.
The second Empowering Regions through High-Tech 2018 Forum was successfully held in Gyumri, the 2nd largest city of Armenia from 7-8 December. It gathered around 200 young people and specialists from all the regions of RA engaged in high-tech, startup and innovation fields.